Fall Gas Fireplace Maintenance
Fall is just around the corner; is your fireplace ready?
It’s almost that time of year when we warm our hearts and homes with a relaxing fire. Many homeowners have installed a gas fireplace or insert for the ease of use and low maintenance offered by the latest gas units. However, because gas fireplaces burn clean and are very easy to take care of, some assume that this means it doesn’t need any cleaning or maintenance; that isn’t the case, though.
Any neglected appliance is likely to see more problems in the future than appliances that are properly maintained. Gas stoves, fireplaces, inserts and gas logs should be cleaned and serviced on an annual basis to keep them operating at peak performance. Maintenance should be performed in the Spring, Summer or early Fall, when your fireplace is not already in use.
A simple annual maintenance program can help avoid costly repairs and provides you the peace of mind that your fireplace is ready for the cool nights ahead.
Annual Maintenance by our Certified Technicians includes:
- Visual Inspection of burner, pilot, logs and vent
- Cleaning of lint and dust build-up around valves & controls
- Glass cleaning to remove soot and corrosive salt build-up
- Checking the thermopile, Hi Lo switch and wires
- Replacing embers, if necessary
- Checking for leaks
- Assurance that your appliance is ready for winter – with a 30-day warranty on all work done.
Call The Woodburner today to schedule your annual inspection and maintenance appointment.